Comment on page
1. Nervos IDE Environment Configuration
This page discusses how to configure the Nervos IDE environment. The method of how to create a Nervos project, add a Godwoken network and create a Layer2 account to get test tokens is described.
Here, you will choose your login method, which includes two options: GitHub and Guest. In the tutorial, select GitHub login, as later on, the use of the Sandbox requires users to log in with GitHub.
Click the "New Project" button.
A pop-up window will appear. On the left side of the pop-up, select "Nervos". Then, click to create a project using a template.
Connecting to Nervos is made easy through MetaMask. Below is a tutorial on how to configure MetaMask.
Setting Up MetaMask Tutorial
Step 1: Install MetaMask Extension
- 1.Open your browser (preferably Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- 3.Click on "Download" and choose the version suitable for your browser.
- 4.Install the MetaMask extension and set up a password as prompted.
Step 2: Create or Restore an Account
- 1.After installing MetaMask, click on the MetaMask icon in the top right corner of your browser.
- 2.If you don't have a MetaMask account, choose "Create a Wallet." If you already have an account, select "Import Account" (if importing from a mnemonic phrase or private key) or "Connect a Wallet" (if importing from another wallet).
- 3.If you're a new user, follow the steps to create an account and securely back up your mnemonic phrase.
Step 3: Explore the MetaMask Interface
- 1.Once your account is created, you'll see the main MetaMask interface. Here, you can view your balance, add assets, check transaction history, and more.
Step 4: Connect to Nervos Network
- 1.In the next section, will be told how to connect to the mainnet and testnet.
Step 5: Obtain test tokens
- 1.A faucet is the site/place where you can get test tokens. Use them to make sure your wallet has enough assets to cover the cost of deployment and pay transaction gas.